Who we are
Dream a Dream UK is a Registered Charity in England & Wales number 1154127 and a company limited by guarantee, number: 0832507
Why we collect your data
Dream a Dream UK respects your right to privacy.
We hold limited personal information, specifically your name; an email address and postal address (if you have given us a donation). We are legally bound by the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 to ensure that such information is only used for the purpose for which it was requested; to which you have freely given consent and also to ensure that the data is held securely.
- We maintain a list of donors who give monthly or have donated in this financial year so we can report our income to the relevant authorities.
- We want to claim gift aid on a person’s donations and keep their information up to date.
- We want to maintain a list of people who have donated to us before so that we can contact them to ask them to do so again
- We want to maintain a list of people who have told us they are interested in our work and use this list to send them newsletters; invite them to events; contact them and ask them to donate for the first time
- We are required to maintain a list of people who have explicitly told us that they don’t want to contact us again (this is called a suppression list).
How we collect information about you
We collect information of those who have made donations to Dream a Dream UK through various donation platforms both online and in other ways.
Our donors and supporters also provide us with details of those who are interested in our work and have consented to share their personal data.
How we use the information we hold
We use the information to keep you informed about our work through the distribution of newsletters by email. When we organise fundraising events we will send you invitations and further information by email or in hard copy.
Who we share information with
Dream a Dream UK does not rent or sell mailing details to any third party. However, occasionally we may work with partner organisations or companies to send you information about other ways in which you can support Dream a Dream UK. However, we will not simply add your name to another organisation’s database.
Dream a Dream UK may from time to time need to use the services of third parties such as an internet provider; cloud services or to help us to process the data we hold. For financial or technical reasons these may be sited outside of the European Economic Area.
Use of such providers on behalf of Dream a Dream UK is regulated and safeguarded by both international procedures and legal agreements to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. In particular, we wish to ensure that data is adequately protected and secure.
Users under 18
If you use this site for information about fundraising, campaigning or supporting the work of Dream a Dream UK, please let an adult know.
How to request to be taken off our distribution list.
Please use the unsubscribe button on our newsletters or contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dream a Dream UK website includes links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of data collected by websites not managed by Dream a Dream UK
This policy was updated in May 2018
Any changes to this policy will be posted on this page on our website.